D-Link DES 1008D Switch 8 portsProduct Code: DL-DES-1008D/B
Manufacturer Code: DES-1008D/B
Price: £8.30 (ex VAT).
Price: £9.96 (inc VAT).
The DES-1008D is an unmanaged 10/100Mbps switch designed to enhance small workgroup performance while providing a high level of flexibility. Powerful yet easy to use, this device allows users to simply plug any port to either a 10Mbps or 100Mbps network to multiply bandwidths, boost response time and satisfy heavy load demands. The switch comes with 8 10/100Mbps ports, allowing a small workgroup to flexibly connect to Ethernet and Fast Ethernet and integrate. These intelligent ports detect the network speed and auto-negotiate between 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T, as well as between full- and half-duplex. All ports support 802.3x flow control. This function minimizes dropped packets by sending out collision signals when the port's receiving buffer is full. Flow control is available in the full-duplex mode. All ports support auto-negotiation of MDI/MDIX cross over. This eliminates the need for cross over cables or uplink ports. Any port can simply plug to a server, a hub or a switch, using the usual straight-through twisted-pair cable. With 8 plug-and-play ports, the switch is a perfect choice for the small workgroup to upgrade performance in a client/server environment.
With low-cost connection per-port, the switch can also be set up for direct connection from the PCs. This relieves data bottleneck by giving each workstation a dedicated bandwidth on the network.
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- 8 10/100Mbps ports
- Switch capacity: 1 Gbps
- Address table: 1024 entries
- MTBF: 116,186 hours
- Full/half duplex support for each port
- Auto MDI/MDI-X for each port
- Auto-learning of network configuration
- Flow control in full duplex mode for protection against data loss
- Back pressure in half duplex mode
- RAM buffer dynamically allocated for each port
* Please note that HTML tags are not allowed.
* We never share or display email addresses but we may share your comments with our sister sites.