StarTech.com Bi-Directional SATA IDE Adapter ConverterProduct Code: STH-PATA2SATA3
Manufacturer Code: PATA2SATA3
Price: £11.34 (ex VAT).
Price: £13.61 (inc VAT).
The PATA2SATA3 is a bi-directional SATA IDE adaptor/converter that lets you connect a Serial ATA drive to a legacy IDE port, or an IDE drive to a SATA motherboard port. A cost-effective solution for upgrading existing IDE systems to support SATA hard drives or optical drives, the SATA/IDE adaptor eliminates the expense of having to purchase a controller card while saving the expansion slot that would be required for card installation. In addition to SATA hard drive installation, the Adaptor can be reversed in order to connect older IDE drives to a newer SATA-enabled motherboard, making it easy to retrieve old files from a previous system.
- Compatible with generation 1 SATA with DATA transfer rates of 1.5GBps (150 MBps)
- Compatible with Master, Slave, and Cable select modes for IDE
- Compatible with Ultra ATA 100/133 with Data transfer rate up to 133 MBps
- Compliant with Serial ATA 1.0a Specification
- No Drivers required
- Supports 3.5 SATA and IDE Hard Drivers, 5.25 SATA and IDE Optical Drives, and 2.5 SATA Hard drives
- Supports ATAPI devices (CD/DVD drives, CD/DVD burners, etc... )
- Supports Spread Spectrum for digital security, and SATA power saving(Partial and Slumber)
- Ultra low power consumption
- Unique bi-directional SATA IDE converter - Converts IDE to Serial ATA and SATA to IDE
* Please note that HTML tags are not allowed.
* We never share or display email addresses but we may share your comments with our sister sites.