StarTech.com 2.5in USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Enclosure - 9.5/12.5mm HDDProduct Code: STH-SAT2510B12U3
Manufacturer Code: SAT2510B12U3
Price: £20.30 (ex VAT).
Price: £24.36 (inc VAT).
The SAT2510B12U3 USB 3.0 External SATA Hard Drive Enclosure lets you connect a 2.5 inch (SATA, SATA II, SATA III) hard drive or solid state drive (SSD) through USB 3.0. Uniquely designed to be able to fit both 9.5mm and high capacity 12.5mm height hard drives for compatibility with virtually any available SATA hard drive. Supporting data transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps, this external HDD enclosure delivers access to files at lightning fast speeds - 10x that of USB 2.0, and 60% faster than SATA II eSATA. Plus, the USB 3.0 interface is backward compatible with USB revisions 2.0 and 1.1, so the enclosure can be used with older systems that don't support the newest USB standard (at speeds of 480Mbps and 12 Mbps, respectively).
Take advantage of new laptops and desktops with USB 3.0 connectivity Turn a high capacity 12.5mm SATA hard drive into portable, external storage Create a fast, portable external storage solution for desktops, laptops or netbooks Upgrade from a USB 2.0 drive enclosure to faster USB 3.0 Add-on extra storage to almost any USB enabled computer system Backup important data to an external storage device Share large files between computers quickly and securely without a network Retrieve data from old SATA drive, or turn the unused drive into additional external storage space Transfer rates up to 5Gbps with new SuperSpeed USB 3.0, while still backward compatible with older USB 2.0 systems, for a versatile external storage solution Supports both 9.5mm and 12.5mm height 2.5 inch SATA hard drives and powered completely from USB, for a versatile portable enclosure Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Supports both 9.5mm and 12.5mm 2.5 form factor SATA hard drives
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 compliant host interface supporting data transfer rates up to 5Gbps
- High Speed USB 2.0 compliant host interface, with transfer rates up to 480Mbps
- Powered directly from the USB port
- Light-weight and durable aluminum side panels
- Power/Activity LED indicator
- Compatible with SATA revision 1/2/3 (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) drives
- Compliant with USB Mass Storage Class, Bulk-Only Transport Specifications Rev 1.3
- Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible
* Please note that HTML tags are not allowed.
* We never share or display email addresses but we may share your comments with our sister sites.